Friday 31 January 2014

Impromptu Night Out With A Twist

One of the things I equally love and hate about universty is the spontinaiety. Last night at 8.30 I was lazing around in my pyjamas watching YouTube videos. At 8.45 I had my heated rollers in and was frantically moisturising (thank god I'd shaved my legs in the shower).

I'm going to be honest, I'm not the best with last minute plans. I like having firm plans and time limits to stick to so I know how to plan my day. But my friends have the 'go with the flow' attitude that they're trying to impart onto me (so far unsuccessfully) and so last night I was rushing around like a headless chicken. 

At 9.30 last night, after possibly the quickest I have ever gotten ready, I went downstairs to find my housemates drinking punch from our mixing bowl. 

We look a little like a girl band here, but shout out to our man wall! 

Come 10.45 we still had no idea where we were going but we rang a taxi and headed into town. 

I have a friend who runs one of my favourite clubs (talk about useful friends) and so we headed to his club, naturally he gave us free VIP wristbands and I ended up spending the night sitting in VIP chatting with some of the BBC Radio 1 team. I love my life. The reason for this was Greg James, the radio 1 dj, was djing at the club last night. 


Sorry about the poor quality picture, I'd had a few drinks by this point.

I had a very brief chat with Mr James and he is as lovely and funny as he is on the radio. I repeat I love my life. 

Needless to say I'm feeling a little worse for wear today so I'm having a day in bed watching transfer deadline day, I love having Fridays off lectures. 

In summary, I got to wear a new outfit from Zara and I don't care if it is the middle of winter I will pretend it's summer! I met a radio 1 dj and it was definitely worth getting out of my pyjamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment