Saturday 26 July 2014

Naughty End of the Month Splurge

Despite the fact that it is the end of the month and I can't even afford to buy food until payday, it did not stop me having a wild moment (more like an hour) in New Look.

For me Saturday's are often a slow start as I enjoy the freedom of the lie in and it definitely has nothing to do with the fact that I got home at 3.30 last night and was nearly up for 24 hours, sometimes I feel like I have more wild nights out with work than I used to at uni but that is an entirely different story.

So after the slow start and finding my local sorting office to pick up my new bottle of Bioderma I headed to the gym and indulged in some pampering to help my sore head and tired body. This is my new favourite thing to do on a Saturday morning/afternoon, go for a swim and then take full advantage of the jacuzzi and sauna and steam rooms to sweat out the toxins and the alcohol. Once I left the gym feeling much better than I did when I entered I decided that now was the perfect opportunity to go and buy a new work skirt in the Next sale. Well one thing led to another and this then happened...

I did manage to get not only one but two new plain black skirt for work.

 Priced at £12.99 each (with a nice 10% student discount thrown in) they're good value and hopefully good quality. 

I then found this adoreable mini skirt in the sale reduced to £8, for me it has a very 90's clueless vibe to it and lets face it who doesn't want to be Cher Horowitz.



I also definitely did not add to my ever growing collection of mint green blouses... This one was only £5 though so I don't think it really counts. 


While I'm waiting on my new sandals to be delivered from Office (which feels like years I've been waiting, sort it out Office) I decided I needed a stop gap pair as at the moment I'm wearing ones so old I think I may have been still in school when I bought them! These ones are leather and have lilac green and orange beading (which matches my nails!) and some little gems in the detailing so for only £19.99 again taking off 10% they'll do just nicely. 


This next purchase was inspired by my best friend. She has the most incredible enviable shoe wardrobe I have ever seen and I spent the two years I lived with her at uni cursing my big feet wishing they were two sizes smaller so we could have shared. Anyway she has a pair very similar to these which she rocks with checkered trousers and those sorts of things so I though for £12 reduced from £29.99 I am going to attempt to recreate her cool look, attempt being the operative word. 


This last one I was actually in the queue doing some quick mental addition and figuring out which card I could afford to put these on when I spotted this skirt. By this point I was very tired and there was no way I was facing the changing rooms again so I risked my chances thinking I'd bring it back if it didn't fit and thankfully it does. It's £15 and that's full price too so even without my discount it is very good value. I adore the colour and the pattern and generally everything about it, I'm already figuring out which day next week it's going to make it debut at work. 


So with heavy bags and a considerably lighter purse I made my way home to throw on some of my new purchases and some makeup (as mentioned here I now occasionally brave the shops bare faced). The ensemble is a vest top from Sainburys, which I definitely did not have to change after spilling red wine down it... with my new Clueless skirt, new sandals and new bag and purse from last weeks Westfield haul


The reason for the change of outfit was because this afternoon/evening myself and a few friends went to the Ealing jazz festival, a definite recommendation if you find yourself in the area and at a lose end tomorrow with £5 burning a hole in your pocket. You are allowed up to 4 cans per person but they don't rigorously check bags so we got away with wine decanted into plastic bottles (classy I know). London really is fun.

As a footnote I thought I'd mention the changes to my blog. Regular readers will notice a change in my background, well I'm no longer living in Cardiff (sob) and I felt it was time for something a little more beauty related and an update. My new background photo is just a couple of special items. 

No comments:

Post a Comment