Wednesday 16 July 2014

New House, New Setup

The title of this post explains it all really. When I moved to my new house I had to find a new setup for my makeup. This was something I had very much been looking forward to for a long time.


This is my new dresser, of course there are hair grips all over it and my makeup and brushes take pride of place. Today I will focus on my makeup storage. 


This storage box is from ikea and cost around £15. I ended up getting two and keep one on my dresser and the second one as spare storage. It's not as aesthetically pleasing as some of the Muji products but it is incredibly practical and stores my masses of makeup. 


At the front are five compartments. In the one on the far left I keep lipsticks that I found whilst routing through my collection that I feel should get more of an outing. Recently there have been three lipsticks in here but two of them are currently in my travel makeup bag because I wore them to work this week. In the second from left compartment are my tools, so these are my tweezers and sharpeners.


In the middle compartments I keep liners, both eyeliners and lip liners. It's so nice to actually be able to see my liners because those are the things you lose track of in makeup bags. 


The fourth compartment holds larger pencils, so these are things such as my NARS lip pencils and my Revlon colour burst lip pencils as well as pencil eyeliners.


The final compartment holds mascaras, eyebrow gels and my touché éclat . 


At the left at the back are smaller sections for lipsticks, again there are ones missing where they're currently in my handbag... I also have a couple of MAC paint pots and eyshadow pots. 



To the right there are two large compartments. The one on the right I keep (most of) my large collection of foundations... In the left hand one I keep eyeshadow pallets, my Benefit High Beam and my ELF eyebrow kit. 


In a large section behind the front three compartments I keep most of my 'everyday face' which includes my regular bronzer blusher and highlighter as well as my powder, bronze universal, my MAC pallets and my black eyeshadow and liquid liner. 


Finally a footnote. I've had pretty crappy day to be perfectly honest and one thing I knew would help lift my spirits (as well as a bit of online shopping) was painting my nails in my favourite colour, the much mentioned Illamasqua Strike, it definitely has brightened my mood. The power of beauty eh.  

No comments:

Post a Comment