Tuesday 6 May 2014

Foundation Working Wardrobe

Yesterday when looking through my makeup bag I noticed it was fit to burst with foundation so I took them all out and was a little horrified when I found I have and use 8 foundations. Oops. Honestly they are all necessary and all serve different purposes in my makeup wardrobe.




The first is my YSL Le Teint Touché Éclat in the shade B50, this is my nice going out foundation and has quite a full coverage but is still slightly dewy and last really well into the wee hours. 


This next one is my holiday foundation. It is Soap and Glory Show Good Face in the shade A Nude Peach. It's very dark, hence why it's my holiday foundation, but it is also quite light and very dewy which is exactly what I want when it's hot. I only wear foundation at night when I'm on holiday and even then I don't like much so I really like this one. 



At the other end of the spectrum is my powder foundation. This is MAC studio fix in NC20. I have been known in the past to wear this as a powder over a liquid foundation, very naughty of me I know. This doesn't get a lot of use at the moment because it's quite a pale shade and I prefer a dewy finish at this time of year. This is definitely a winter product. 


Next is my tinted moisturiser. This is the Laura Mercier oil free SPF 20 tinted moisturiser in the shade nude. I love this tinted moisturiser! It's so lovely for those good skin days and just makes me think of summer. It is obviously very light, but as far as tinted moisturisers go this one is quite full coverage. It's nice for those days where you just can't be bothered but let's face it you can't leave the house completely bare faced. 


The next four are everyday foundations and are probably what I need to cut back on a little. This is the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation in the shade 52 and I've literally had it for years! It's a medium coverage slightly dewy slightly matte finish and is probably the best colour match for me out of all of my foundations and it smells lovely! There's a reason I've been hanging onto this for so long. 


Next is Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation which I did a full review of here so won't go into detail about it. 


This is my latest one and it's the Rimmel Match Perfection in 200 Soft Beige. This is quite light to medium coverage and is very dewy, I like it though as it is a nice alternative to my tinted moisturiser if I need a little more coverage. 


The last one I have also done a full review of here. 

Now just as I was about to publish this I found two more foundations that I'd missed bringing my total up to 10! In fairness I don't really use these ones anymore but since they are a part of my collection they deserve a mention. 


They are the MAC Pro Longwear foundations and I have the colours NW20 and N18. I used to wear these as my going out foundations before I got the YSL one. They are very full coverage heavy foundations and so I liked the way they lasted the whole night, the NW20 was never a brilliant colour match for me, but after finding them this evening I may have to give the N18 another chance and crack it out next time I hit the town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment