Sunday 11 May 2014

Minx Pedicure

For nearly 3 years now I've been getting my toenails done with Minx. For anyone who doesn't know Minx are stickers that you can attach to your nails and they stay on for 6-8 weeks. The last couple of times mine have needed doing though I haven't really been able to justify spending the £35 it costs to get it done in Cardiff. Back home I can get it for under £20, just goes to show the difference between Cardiff and the small northern town I'm from.

Anyway I bought some do it yourself ones from eBay, I've dabbled with them before but never been very successful with them, I am possibly the least artistic person ever! This time it has gone slightly better so I thought I would share the results. 



These are the stickers and the results. To apply them you make sure your nails are completely clean with nail varnish remover and then cut the foils to size, then heat them up, I use my hair dryer, and just stick them on and cut away any excess. 


These are the tools I use. My hair dryer to heat them up, the foils themselves, a nail file (I love the Leighton Deny crystal nail file) scissors, tweezers for taking the foils off the plastic backing and putting on your nail, and nail varnish remover and cotton wool. 

I love Minx nails, and though when I do them myself they don't last as long as getting them done in a salon, the price difference was massive. I paid £3.50 plus £1.10 p&p for 3 different designs, for 4 weeks of beautiful nails that always get lots of compliments (even from men!) and it's just something different from what you generally see. And personally there is nothing I hate more than a girl who knows her toes are going to be out and her feet look scruffy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment