Wednesday 5 February 2014

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Review



Tonight I'm going out with the dance girls, the theme is anything but clothes and so I'm sporting a rather beautiful set of curtains. That however is not the point of this post. When applying my makeup tonight I found myself reaching for my Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil and I realised how often I wear this on a night out. 




Whilst I was applying it I almost felt guilty for neglecting my other reds (and believe me there a lot of other reds) but this one is just perfect for me for a number of reasons:
1. It's a lip pencil rather than a lipstick so it doesn't require any pencil before hand, this means less products to throw in my handbag and potentially lose.
2. The shade I have, Red Square, is the most beautiful reddy orange shade that I adore in lipsticks and I love the matte finish of it as apposed to some of my glossier options. 
3. The staying power of this is phenomenal! The day I bought this my mother was visiting me and we went for lunch which included two drinks as well as food and then we went for afternoon coffee which again involved a small snack. Even after all of that eating drinking and gossiping I barely had to touch up my lips, only a slight bit in the centre. 


Shout out to my heated rollers! By the way I am wearing clothes, it's my curtain which is a make shift strapless dress. 

So although I do feel I overlook some of my other reds a lot of the time, there is good reason for it. For me this is the perfect lip product and I have large lips and am picky with what I put on them. 

The verdict? With possibly the best staying power I've ever experienced, this is my most used lip product for a reason. I would definitely repurchase this colour and I intend to invest in a couple of other colours from the range. A massive thumbs up from me Nars. 


No comments:

Post a Comment