Saturday 1 February 2014

A Welcome Return of the 6 Nations

The 6 nations are back! For me the 6 nations are one of the highlights of my year, it could even be said they're up there with Christmas and my birthday.

Living in Cardiff during the 6 nations is something I can't even describe. Walking around town, even on a non match day, during these few weeks is just magical and needless to say the atmosphere on match day is electric.

Although I live in the captial of Wales and love the Welsh dearly, I am actually an English girl through and through and I proudly sport my England shirt (though I am always a little nervous to leave the house in it) on match days. 


For the good people of Wales, the 6 nations is like a national holiday, and I am more than willing to embrace this wonderful tradition with my Welsh housemates. I have to say they're very understanding of my patriotism, though last year when Wales played England for the grand slam title things were a little tense. 

Wales did not put in their best performance, but as the wonderful Johnathon Davies said "a win is a win" and tonight the good people of Cardiff and Wales will be doing what they do best, partying until dawn. 

As for the England game... I always struggle to watch my team play live, be that my country in the rugby or the mighty potters (who I'd like to point out beat Manchester United today!) at football. 

So while the game was on in the background I needed something to distract myself. I decided to make rhubarb crumble. 


I manged to not buy enough rhubarb (very blond moment) and in an even blonder moment I didn't reduce the quantities of sugar that needed to be mixed with the rhubarb so it is extremely sweet. This must be a sign that I should not bake whilst watching the rugby. I'll probably now spend the week thinking of what I can do for next weekend's game against Scotland. 

As for the result, let's just say I'm going to concentrate on Stoke's win and push the England game to the back of my mind. Sometimes I wish I wasn't a sports fan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment