Monday 17 February 2014

Brightening Up Mondays

If you are a regular reader, you will know that I am in the minority in the fact that I love Mondays. Today however has been challenging. After the beautiful weather we had in the UK yesterday, today it has reverted back to wind and rain. Though I have decided to see yesterday's sun as a positive and although it has not continued today, it is a sign that things are improving, we'll be in spring before we know it!

Whilst having this train of thought last night I decided to paint my nails in a wonderful bright orange colour to start my week off with a lift. 




This is a Revlon colour in number 440 Siren. I love this colour, it is one of my staple summer polishes and I decided it needed some love and to brighten this dull February week. When choosing last night, I was also inspired by a masterpiece one of my housemates created the other day. 

  
Can we all just take a minute to appreciate how incredible these are! Between her and one of my other housemates they colour open a nail salon. I'm constantly pestering the two of them to do a pretty pattern for me but obviously these sorts of creations take ages. 

My attempt may not be as artistic as hers, but I've really enjoyed looking at my bright nails in my dull lecture today and I'm already planning tomorrow night's outfit to match them.

And on that note I shall leave you with a picture I took whilst on my afternoon run yesterday. Cardiff really is beautiful in the sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment