Wednesday 19 February 2014

The Morning After The Night Before

Last night some of the girls and I went out for what was intended to be quiet night with just a few drinks and a boogie. However it ended with me dragging my housemate up the stairs at 4.07 because she refused to believe that the sofa wasn't her bed, that however is an entirely different story.

So while I was the good friend who stayed (mostly) sober and looked after the others, I was also the friend that had a compulsory 9 o'clock lecture this morning. After less than 3 hours sleep my alarm went off at 7AM this morning and though I was far from hungover I was very tired and just a wee bit fragile. 

The point of this post is my advice on what to do if you ever find yourself in a situation where you need to look nice when you feel horrific on the inside. 

Personally the only way I can fully recover from a hangover is to lie in bed for hours, demand one of my housemates bring me a cup of tea and some toast and then be filled in on the previous nights antics. This is then followed by fresh air and copious amounts of carbs! However if I'm not lucky enough to be able to indulge in this, like this morning, I feel the next best thing is a good long shower.


I love the smell of this Body Shop shower gel in Mango to help wake me up and prepare me for the morning. 

I also find that lots of moisturiser is required to help my dehydrated skin.


I really like this one from the Body Shop as it has Aloe Vera in and just feels lovely on the skin. I also find my makeup doesn't sit as well on my skin after a late night, my face is a lot more inclined to get oily but this is a problem that I have been unable to combat other than constantly topping up with powder. 


I'll leave you with this picture of us from last night to prove that we can look classy, even if it's only at the beginning of the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment