Saturday 8 February 2014

All Day Preparation

I'm no stranger to a night out. But every so often a special one comes along that requires what I like to call an "all day prep session". Such examples in the past have been the night Wales won the 6 nations in 2013 and I partied with the Welsh and English rugby team. The last night of the autumn internationals, even though I'd been at the game that day I was still getting ready. And the night I went out with the Cardiff University first team hockey and rugby teams (there's definitely a recurring theme here).

Now tonight I will be doing pre drinks (the best part of a night out in my opinion) with the Worcester Warriors rugby team. Again we can see the rugby theme cropping up again. I shan't reveal my secret as to how I so frequently find myself partying with professional rugby players, I will however let you in on the beauty prep I put into a big night such as tonight. 

It all starts with a big gym session. I always go to the gym before a night out, it makes me feel like I deserve it almost and in my head it is counteracting all of the naughty calories found in wine. 


Once I get home (I never shower at the gym) before I jump in the shower I'll apply a face mask. This one is the Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask, I really enjoy the way it completely clears out my pores leaving me with lovely soft skin for the night. 


After showering I'll paint my nails. I know I shouldn't have favourites with my beauty products, but this nail varnish might just be my secret favourite. It's called strike by Illamasqua and it is the most beautiful greeny bluey tealy sort of colour and it always makes me so happy when I'm wearing it. 


I will, naturally, pick out my outfit before painting my nails and I will hang it up out of my wardrobe to get rid of any creases that may have occurred inside my over cramped wardrobe. Tonight's dress is a Zara sale find. 


Then it's on to the good bit, hair and makeup. For tonight's outfit I wanted big curly bouncy hair and so I put in my enrapture heated rollers for about an hour and then I just comb out the curls leaving me with voluminous waves. 


I'm not going to reveal the secrets of my going out face just yet. I will however give a few honourable mentions that made the cut tonight. The first is Le Teint Touché Éclat by YSL as a foundation. Secondly MAC Woodwinked eyeshadow, third is NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner and finally on my lips tonight is YSL Rouge Pur Couture in number 13.  


This is the finished look, teamed with New Look shoes a cute little orange bag from Clarks of all places! Also my standard watch and rings as well as a pair of Primark earrings and the standard glass of Bombay Sapphire. 

Hope you all have a lovely Saturday night and you've enjoyed making fun of how long I've taken to get ready for tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment