Friday 7 February 2014

Everyday Essentials

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love my timetable this term! I get Fridays off and in a couple of weeks I will also have Thursdays off giving me a four day weekend.

The only problem with this is I like to do something productive and get out of the house everyday. This is where my obsessions with the gym is handy. As previously explained I don't like leaving the house with nothing on my face at all, but I don't see the point in doing a full face of makeup just for the gym where I will just take it off anyway. I therefore have my 'everyday essentials' face for such occasions. 



For me a bare minimum is foundation, bronzer and eyebrows. These are my everyday reach for products. 




Firstly there is my foundation which I discussed in detail here. I just use fingers to give a nice even base and cover up any redness or pigmentation on my skin. 




I then use bronzer to warm up my face and give it a bit of depth so it isn't all just a wash of one colour. I adore Nars Laguna and have used nothing but this for over two years now. As you'll see from the first picture it really needs replacing, but I've had this one since July 2012 can you believe! I also just use a MAC 163SE brush to apply this with, I got this and another brush I use for blusher in a gift set last Christmas and love the fact that they're pink so I can't see how dirty they are. 


Lastly it's brows. For me eyebrows are an essential, even if my skin were perfect and I didn't need to put any base makeup on, I don't think I could ever leave the house without my eyebrows filled in. I think it's my semi-Scouse routes coming out in me. I use MAC Charcoal Brown and a MAC 266 brush (which I've had to Sellotape back together after they separated from me not washing it properly) I also use a Body Shop Brow & Lash Brush & Comb to just comb through them with. 

This takes me about two minutes to do in the mornings and ensures that the world doesn't have to see my bare skin though I still look very natural and not like I've rocked up to the gym ready for a night out. 

The finished 'ready for the gym' look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment