Thursday 13 February 2014

Valentines Baking

It's that time of year again, it's V day tomorrow. In my house I'm the only one who doesn't have a date for tomorrow so I'm going to settle myself in with Hugh Grant and the geographical rom com that is The English Man Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain.

However I refuse to be a stereotype of the single girl on valentines day crying into her glass of rosé and her tub of Ben and Jerrys. I plan on spending my evening baking and beautifying. 

Though I have some very high standards of baking to live up to in my house. 


This masterpiece was created by one of my housemates for her boyfriend. It is chocolate cake with red dye in it with a jam and buttercream centre and butter cream icing. She cut it into the shape of a heart and put pink sprinkles on as a finishing touch. 


This next one is simply incredible. Another one of my housemates is very creative and she made these monster cupcakes. They're just plain cupcakes with buttercream used as a glue to stick cookies to and icing tinged with blue food colouring shaped into monsters to give the impression that the monsters are eating the cookies. They are then finished off with icing eyes fangs and blood on the cookies. 


I just can't get over how amazing these look (and taste) like I previously said there's a lot to live up to tomorrow night when I crack out the face masks and the Chaka Khan. 


There is so much cake going on in this house at the moment that I'm about to pop out of my pyjamas. If anyone fancies coming for tea and cake you know where to find us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment