Thursday 10 April 2014

What I've Been Getting Up To/Products I'm Loving

Again I must apologise for my serious lack of posts, but my life is so extremely dull at the moment so unless you all want updating on the committee report for the planning application for the Circuit of Wales I think you'll be glad I haven't updated. I literally spend my entire day in the library and occasionally get to the gym as a 'treat' to myself. Although my life is dominated by work at the moment (boohoo) there are some things that just need making time for. 

One of these things was my course ball on Sunday night. It made such a lovely change to get properly dressed up as apposed to my usual shorts and converse attire I don for nights out at the union. 


I wore this coral dress that I baught 2 years ago in Coast and have never really worn. It's strapless and has differnt length hemlines all around. I teamed it with some basic nude heels from M&S and simple jewellery, just a pearl bracelet and my usual dangly spike earrings. 

I kept my makeup simple, just winged eyeliner and a matte pink lipstick and I wore my hair in a curly side ponytail. 

On my nails I wore Essie Fiji and I added a layer of glitter (which is always horrific to remove) to my ring finger on each hand. Sorry they are chipped by the way, personally there's nothing I hate more than chipped nails, but this was taken just before I removed them because I remembered I didn't have a photo of them.

As well as my course ball Sunday night another night I had to have off was last night. Yesterday was Welsh varsity, the annual grudge match between Cardiff and Swansea universities. It's a day full of matches between different sports teams from both universities ending in a rugby game at the Millennium Stadium. It's the biggest day of the university calendar and pretty much everyone goes to at least the rugby game in the evening. Unfortunately due to work I couldn't go and watch any of the other sports, but I donned my Tean Cardiff tshirt and I cheered on my university at the home of rugby. 

Obviously I had to add a little glamour to the occasion and I added my Chanel lipstick in Rouge Allure Incandescent. 

Now I'll discuss a couple of things I've been really enjoying using recently, both I had for my birthday. The first of these is a curling wand, it's the Babylis Boutique 2307 BU Soft Waves 34mm Hair Tong. 

It comes with it's own heat protection mat as well as a protective glove. 

It also comes in this little bag for storage purposes. 

After working out what works best for my hair with this, I love it! It takes about 20 minutes so I only do it when I have the time but I've been enjoying doing it as a day to day hairstyle. I find that to cheer myself up when I'm spending those long hours in the library, if I dress nicely and put the effort in with my hair and makeup it does make me feel better. Of course there are days when the alarm goes off and I really just can't be bothered with anything and I end up going to the library in my sweatpants with practically no makeup on and my hair in a bun, of course these are the days I run into my ex or the guy I fancy from my course, so is life eh. 

This is the effect the curling tongs have though and I really like it. The sad face is due to me having been there until 9.30 the night before and being back in uni at 9am that day to give a presentation. Life sucks. 

The other product I've been loving I bought with a gift voucher my mum's friend gave me for my birthday. She clearly knows me well because the wonderful woman got me a boots voucher! I decided I would use it to buy something I'd been reading about and wanted to try. 

Its the Vaseline spray and go moisturiser. I love this product! I used to moisturise most days using body butters from the Body Shop but they just take so long to sink in and I have to wash my hands after application and when your bedroom is on the first floor and all of the sinks are on the ground floor this isn't ideal. This though does what it says on the tin, just spritz it on give it a rub in and you're ready to get dressed. I find it ideal for after showering at the gym as I've realised now the only way I can fit the gym into my day is to go either straight before or after the library, so if I go first thing in the morning I shower there spritz this on and I'm moisturised ready for the day ahead. It comes in three different scents and at £4.99 are definitely worth the investment in my opinion, I want to get the other two so that I can keep one at home, one in my gym bag and one as a spare, perfect! 

No comments:

Post a Comment