Sunday 2 March 2014

Extended Sunday Night a Prep

As mentioned here, I love Mondays because of how much preparation I put into Sunday nights. However once every other month or so I do extra beauty preparation to go along with the usual tan, nails and makeup brush cleaning.

It's not the sexiest topic in the world, but unfortunately it is necessary, hair removal. For my legs I usually just shave in the shower (this is also a part of my Sunday night prep before I tan). Though I also remove the hair on my arms and for this I use at home waxing strips. 


Before I came to university I never used to bother with my arm hair, though I was always aware that I had very long dark hair. When I met one of my friends at university, she showed me how she also had really thick dark hair and how she had been waxing her arms for years. Well that wasn't the first thing we chatted about, but you get my drift. 

So anyway, every eight weeks or so I use these Boots wax strips which smell like berries! You just heat them up which melts the wax and then apply and pull. 


I use my hair dryer to heat up the strips which come in pairs. I use about six or seven pairs so between 12 and 14 strips for both arms. I find it fairly painless in all honesty, I find it less painful to wax my arms than my legs and I've been waxing my legs for years! The packets also come with 'finishing wipes' which are oily wipes that take off any excess wax. 

Whilst doing this I also bleach other hair on my body, told you this was an un-sexy post. 


I use the Jolen bleach to lighten to hair on my top lip and around my belly button. This is actually a fairly new discovery for me and is only the second time I've used it, but both times I've been very happy with the results.

You just mix the powder and the cream which makes the bleach that you apply with the spatula, leave it on for ten minutes and then i wash it off in the shower.


Tonight I decided to combine bleaching my mustache with wearing my Origins Out of Trouble face mask. 


Sorry for the really unattractive post tonight, but sometimes these things just need to be discussed and I would highly recommend both products mentioned above. So for anyone else in the same situation as me and my friend, who in return I've turned onto Jolen cream for her navel, I hope this helps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment