Saturday 1 March 2014

Happy Saint David's Day!

There are so many reasons I love living in Wales and the good Welsh people. St David's day reminds me of all of these reasons.

For those of you who are unaware, David is the patron saint of Wales and the first of March every year up and down this great country, people celebrate all things Welsh. 

And so today's post will be a celebration of all things Welsh and I'll share with you the pictures I took of this beautiful city whilst out on my travels today and I can share my favourite places (that aren't nightclubs) with you. 

This is people waiting for the parade to start outside the castle. 

The Welsh market in town. 

The view from Cardiff Bay. 

Looking to the other way of the Bay and to the Dr Who centre. 

With my Cadwaleders ice cream at the Bay. 

The view of the stadium, Stadium House and The Bay Church from Lloyd George Avenue. 

Daffodils on the street lights. 

The Millenium Stadium. 

The Welsh flags lining the street lights of St Mary's Street along with the Saturday market. 

Cardiff Arms Park which the Millenium Stadium was built into. 

The view up the River Taff to the valleys from my favourite bridge in the world (no it isn't nerdy to have a favourite bridge).

The view the other way on the bridge of the stadium. 

People all around town were donning Welsh themed fancy dress. 

This might be my favorite view of all. It's from Bute Park looking towards the castle, Stadium House and the stadium. 

My daffodils in my room. 

The Welsh cakes I bought earlier. There definitely weren't 4 when I bought them...

If this hasn't made you want to visit Cardiff I don't know what will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment